This week officially kicked off holiday season on the blog, and I’ve featured a different pistachio-inspired, gluten-free, and diabetes-friendly recipe each day. Our final recipe is what everyone has waited for, the dessert! This pumpkin cheesecake is not only a healthier alternative, but it’s also pistachio powered!
I hope you have been inspired for the holidays and I’d love to if you tried any of this week’s recipes. Enjoy!
Pistachio Pumpkin Cheesecake
This can be made one day ahead of time and refrigerated.
Makes 16 thin slices
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups (6.5 ounces) roasted unsalted pistachio kernels
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
For the filling
- 1 3/4 cups (1 15-ounce can) plain pumpkin puree
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In the bowl of a food processor, chop nuts to very fine meal. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix in the agave and vanilla with a fork. The dough should be cohesive but not wet.
- With a rubber spatula, pat dough into a nonstick 9-inch spring form pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about ten minutes, or until the edges just start to brown.
- Remove from oven. Add 2 cups hot water to a round or square cake pan. Place pan on lower oven shelf*.
- *The steam will minimize cracking of the top of the cheesecake
- In the bowl of a food processor or jar of a blender, combine all of the filling ingredients.
- Process or blend just until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Spread out evenly and place in oven on shelf above the cake pan and water. (The steam will help to minimize cracking of the cheesecake top).
- Bake cheesecake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the filling is just set. Turn off oven.
- Open oven door halfway and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven. (This will also help to minimize cracking top).
- Remove cheesecake from the oven. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving
Nutrition Analysis for one slice Pistachio Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Calories 170
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 8g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 70mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 5g
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 4%